Thursday, August 30, 2012

+DEV+ Jesus, Alive and Well

Date: August 30, 2012 12:00 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Jesus, Alive and Well

Jesus, Alive and Well

"I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me and when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and someone 'like a son of man'..."  (Revelation 1:12-13)
Scripture Focus: John 20:1-18

Our dear elder, John, was troubled. Blocking out the world, he entered into the Spirit on the Lord's Day. This is the heart of revival. When all the books are read and closed, all the sermons heard and digested, all the good advice listened to and followed, and still there's no peace have you forgotten the God of mercy whose greatest delight is showing Jesus?

A voice behind John broke the silence. He knew the voice was the help he needed, so he turned to face it. A glance is not enough; a full turn is required. When I meet God, it must be face to face with me turning from everything else and giving my whole self to Him. In the words "turn around" is a hint of another key word John uses: "repent."

John found himself in the Holy Place where the lampstands dispelled the darkness, and he saw only light. He may have thought, "Can my darkness be broken?" Yes, John! Moving among the lampstands was a person, the one whose voice he'd heard. John would discover that the "Someone" was none other than Jesus Christ.

Insight: When Your Spirit Is Perplexed, Stop Examining The Problems. Look Up And Away. You'll See Jesus Come Into Focus Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment