Thursday, August 23, 2012

+DEV+ Jesus: God's Grace Revealed

Date: August 23, 2012 10:32 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Jesus: God's Grace Revealed

Jesus: God's Grace Revealed

"'But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance. So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God...'"  (Genesis 45:7-8)
Scripture Focus: Genesis 44-45:13

In the brothers' second trip back to their father, Joseph's silver cup was found in Benjamin's sack. Joseph threatened to enslave his brother. To protect Benjamin, Judah proposed that he take Benjamin's punishment, depicting the biblical principle of substitutionary atonement. Then Joseph cried out, "'I am Joseph! Is my father still living?' But his brothers were unable to answer him, because they were terrified at his presence" (Genesis 45:3).

Next came Joseph's astonishing statement: "And now, do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you" (Genesis 45:5). He released them from guilt! He would say later in Genesis 50:20, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Then he made permanent provision for his family's well-being. At the cross, Jesus' brothers intended Him harm, but God planned good for you and me and all who believe on His name.

Insight: It Has Been Accurately Said Of Jesus, "All History Is His Story." Remember That "Your History Is His Story" As Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment