Tuesday, August 28, 2012

+DEV+ Jesus, Companion in Suffering

Date: August 28, 2012 11:03 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Jesus, Companion in Suffering

Jesus, Companion in Suffering

"I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus." (Revelation 1:9)
Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 4:12-19

John placed himself among the suffering believers. He, too, was trying to make sense of it all. Bombarded with questions, John's spirit was revived when he saw Jesus as his companion in suffering. It helps just to know that Jesus is my suffering savior and friend.

When was the last time John saw Jesus? Probably over 60 years earlier when Jesus said, "You will be my witnesses in JudeaÖ" Then, "he was taken up before their eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight" (Acts 1:8-9). He was gone! Did He leave them for good?

In the Upper Room Jesus spoke to His disciples of His coming suffering (John 16). He said, "In a little while you will see me no longer. Then, after a little while you will see me." I nearly missed the point that He did not say, "In a little while I will leave you." It is "In a little while you will not see me." We may not see Him, but we can be assured He is always there, active, powerful and full of grace. Jesus is with us in all circumstances and for every need.

Insight: The Anguish Of Suffering Is Tempered By Knowing That My Jesus, No Stranger To Suffering, Will Never Leave Me Nor Forsake Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment