Thursday, August 30, 2012

+DEV+ Jesus, Tending the Lamps

Date: August 30, 2012 9:25 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Jesus, Tending the Lamps

Jesus, Tending the Lamps

"I saw seven golden lampstands and among the lampstands someone" (Revelation 1:12B-13A)
Scripture Focus: John 14:1-19

For years my wife and I have been praying for a particular need, yet we see no change. When we are tempted to give up, I think of John on Patmos. His seven churches were undergoing a heart wrenching test. Roman swords dripped with the blood of the followers of Jesus, and John must have wondered why does He do nothing to stop this?

John was in for a surprise. In his vision, he saw seven lamps burning, the only lights flickering in the darkness. It dawned on John that those seven lamps were his seven churches for whom he prayed constantly. Each was alight!

Then he saw someone tending the lamps. Knowing that lamps need oil, the Someone had a pitcher full of olive oil. With a knife He carefully trimmed anything that might hinder the full flame of each lamp. The hands that held the pitcher and the knife bore fresh wounds of eternal love.

Why do I doubt that my Jesus cares what's on my heart? When the curtain is pulled back, I see Him busy working on me, keeping me alight for Him.

Insight: My Spirit Is Revived When I See Jesus Tirelessly Tending Each Precious Lamp, Mine In Particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment