Monday, September 3, 2012

+DEV+ Jesus is on Duty

Date: September 3, 2012 12:09 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Jesus is on Duty

Jesus is on Duty


“And among the lampstands was someone dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet" (Revelation 1:13)
Scripture Focus: Hebrews 9:23-28

John saw "Someone" moving about in the heavenly tabernacle, tending lamps, putting living bread on the table, interceding for people, offering sacrifices to atone for sin. At first John saw the priest as only a "someone." Then it became clear He was Jesus!

I, too, often take Him for granted or ignore Him as other things crowd in. Theoretically, I do not doubt that He is there, but too often He is only a concept or a memory. As my eyes focus on my hurts, my disappointments, my sins, my religious rituals, my friends, etc., Jesus becomes a "someone," and I have no idea of what He is doing in my life.

I can get on without seeing Jesus, but then there is no spontaneous, infectious, surprising joy in me. God must get my attention, somehow - maybe by suffering - to show me that the "Someone" is my life is my all in all. He is Jesus Christ, and He has one thing in mind for me: fellowship with the Father, without sin, guilt, shame or remorse. He died for that and lives forever to revive my spirit.

Insight: As We Look Away To Jesus, We See Him Diligently At Work On Our Behalf. Should Not That Vision Revive Our Souls?

No comments:

Post a Comment