Tuesday, September 18, 2012

+DEV+ Can a Soul be Restored?

Date: September 18, 2012 10:45 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Can a Soul be Restored?

Can a Soul be Restored?

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake."  (Psalm 23:1-3)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 23:1-3

Psalm 23 is a much loved, oft read piece of poetry from Scripture. Its comfort has been real to the joyful as well as the troubled.

The psalmist was the shepherd who became king. However, the true author and inspiration is the King who is The Great Shepherd. Our focus this month will be on one phrase from this beautiful psalm: "He restores my soul."

We will examine the richness, complexity and power contained within these words as we ask God to bring them to life in us. Just breaking down that sentence grammatically shows us the focus of the act of restoring our souls. "He" is the subject; "restores" is the action; "my" tells "whose"; and "soul" is the object. Looking closely at these will reveal the very heart of what Jesus Christ has done for us: living for, dying for, and redeeming our souls. It's no surprise to God that our souls are in need of restoration. The challenge for us as individuals is to acknowledge our need and accept Christ's restorative healing for us.

Insight: Restoration For The Soul Is Available To All Who Seek It From The Lord, Our Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment