Monday, January 21, 2013

+DEV+ Cherishing a Champion

Date: January 21, 2013 11:55 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Cherishing a Champion

Cherishing a Champion

"Since we have a great high priest... Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess...Let us approach the throne of grace... so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."  (Hebrews 4:14, 16)
Scripture Focus: Romans 8:31-39

I tend to cherish what I desperately require to survive: food, shelter, clothing. Unless I feel a great need for something, it will exist at the periphery of my life, barely claiming my attention. I relegate Jesus Christ to that place on a regular basis; it doesn't seem like I need Him all that much when life is going well. I don't think of Him much or speak to Him often. Then I sin again, or I see a new sin I never noticed before. Suddenly, my Savior takes center stage once again, and I realize afresh that He is my only hope in life and death.

My sin drives me to my knees in worship and adoration: I realize that I desperately need the blood of this Savior to atone for me. I must have His perfect goodness credited to me or I will not survive.

Throughout history we've held high all kinds of champions. God loves it when I cherish His Son. Every day, my sin shows me my urgent need for this wonderful Champion who died my death and lives forever to plead for me. As I see that truth anew, it takes my breath away.

Insight: "On my worst days of sin and failure, the Gospel encourages me With God's relentless Grace toward me." (Milton Vincent)



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment