Friday, January 4, 2013

+DEV+ Worthy is the Lamb

Date: January 4, 2013 1:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Worthy is the Lamb

Worthy is the Lamb


"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" (Revelation 5:12)
Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 2:1-10

A dear friend reminded me to keep my focus on the Cross of Christ. As he neared death, he confided, "I am now beginning to see the meaning of the Cross." It seems that the saints have at least one trait in common: they are all drawn to the Cross. What happened there is the window we have into the very heart of God.

Five minutes at the Cross where my sins are atoned for and where I receive acceptance into the household of God produces more insight into reality than all the flashy philosophies or new religions that exist. As I, in my mind's eye, place my hand on that slain Lamb and plea for cleansing to the root of my being, I begin to understand what grace is. Jesus is many things, but ever and always He is first of all my sin-bearer. All other blessings flow from the fact that Jesus died for me. If my spirit grows cold, I've probably forgotten that I am a sinner. I need to go back to the place where I first met Jesus, at the foot of His Cross. That is my home.

Insight: As you ponder the cross of Christ, again and again, sing that "new song" of heaven, "Worthy Is The Lamb!"

No comments:

Post a Comment