Thursday, August 6, 2009

+DEV+ David’s Song of Praise

Date: August 6, 2009 9:24 PM
Topic: +DEV+ David’s Song of Praise

David’s Song of Praise

“You exalted me above my foes; from violent men you rescued me. Therefore I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing praises to your name.” (2 Samuel 22:49-50)
Scripture Focus: 2 Samuel 22:1-7, 17-20

David was a warrior-king who consistently went into battle trusting in God’s strength, not his own. God rewarded his faith by giving him victory over his enemies. When the fighting was over and victory won, David knew whom to thank.

He sang praise to God for all to hear: “You armed me with strength for battle . . . you made my enemies turn their backs in flight, and I destroyed my foes” (2 Samuel 22:40-41). No wonder God called David a man after His own heart!

When Saul was king, he became jealous of David because people praised him for the battles he won more than they praised Saul. David always gave credit to God. If Saul had listened to David, he would have learned important lessons about faith and humility. God wants to do amazing things for His children, but He wants to be acknowledged for what He does. We can never praise Him as much as He deserves.

Think of what God has done for you, answers to prayer and victories for which you can praise Him.

Insight: Every victory in our lives, no matter how small or large, comes from God, and He deserves praise for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment