Monday, August 24, 2009

+DEV+ God’s Enabling Strength

Date: August 24, 2009 11:31 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God’s Enabling Strength

God’s Enabling Strength

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trust in him, I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song” (Psalm 28:7).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 28

Many Christians never fully experience the awesome power of God’s strength. He calls them to do something great and they retreat in fear. “I can’t possibly speak in front of a crowd, Lord. You know how tongue-tied I get.” Or “Don’t ask me to speak up for honesty in our meeting at work.” The impossibility of the task causes them to shrink away from the very One who enables them to go beyond their own limitations and branch out into something far beyond their imagination.

When they finally learn to step out in faith and allow God to do great things through them, they are amazed at the results. On their own, they are weak and unsure, but in God’s strength they are strong and confident.

Whenever David lacked confidence, he petitioned God with absolute surety of His help. Because of this, he continuously gave “thanks to Him in song.” We too can go to God with confidence knowing that He hears and delivers. And we too can give thanks to Him in song for His enabling strength.

Insight: Because God gives us His strength to accomplish great things for Him, we can boldly go with utmost confidence where we have never gone before.

No comments:

Post a Comment