Monday, August 10, 2009

+DEV+ The Lord, My Song

Date: August 10, 2009 11:34 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Lord, My Song

The Lord, My Song

“I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.” (Psalm 118:13-14)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 118:5-15

The Lord gives me a song, but He also is my song. The psalmist knew it and so did the prophet when he said, “The Lord is my strength and my song” (Isaiah 12:2). What does this mean?

Everything I am and have and do flows out of my relationship with Jesus. He is everything to me. This is what unbelievers don’t grasp about knowing God. It isn’t a matter of going to church or being religious, or doing good and avoiding wrong. Being a Christian is all about personal relationship. God is in every part of my life. Without Him, I am nothing. Before I put my trust in Him, I had no song, no reason to sing. Now His presence in my life expresses itself in a song of joy deep in my heart that sings in every circumstance—good or bad.

The song is always in my heart, but sometimes I allow sin to clog the channel. Then my song can’t be clearly heard by others. God has promised that He will never leave me, but I need to live in obedience to Him to keep the channel open so His song of joy can be heard and seen.

Insight: It’s very difficult to explain how the Lord is my song to anyone who has not experienced it, but my life can be a demonstration of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment