Tuesday, January 19, 2010

+DEV+ Don’t Worry

Date: January 19, 2010 10:25 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Don’t Worry

Don’t Worry

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” (Philippians 4:6)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 145:9-19

I was out of work. Since business had declined, we had to curb our expenses my company had no work. My part-time work didn’t bring enough income. We scraped by with a few groceries here and there, but then the light bill came due. We just didn’t have the money. What could we do? I prayed and prayed, but it seemed hopeless. If our power were shut off, with our children it would be very hard.

A couple of days later I reached my hand into our mailbox and pulled out an envelope with a check in it. It wasn’t just an ordinary check but one for the exact amount of our light bill. Included was a note from a relative saying he had felt compelled to send us some money.

When I thought God was inattentive, He was actually directing someone to send us exactly what we needed. I have seen God move mountains time after time, evidence of the love He lavishes on His children. The old Gospel song is right: Why worry when you can pray?

Insight: God teaches us not to fret or worry, but to place all our concerns in His trustworthy hands. They couldn’t be in a better place.

You can subscribe to this devotional at: http://groups.google.com/group/michael-inmans-devotionals

No comments:

Post a Comment