Sunday, April 10, 2011

+DEV+ Expect Answers

Date: April 10, 2011 11:07 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Expect Answers

Expect Answers

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you" (Matthew 7:7).
Scripture Focus: Matthew 7:7-11

Jesus is giving us a picture of what to expect when we pray. He's communicating one very simple idea - pray and your prayers will be answered. Why? Is it magic? No, it's intensely personal. Your Father will respond because He loves you. Jesus goes on to say, "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

When I'm not excited about praying, it's usually because I have low expectations. "This isn't going anywhere. Nothing's going to come of it any way."

Jesus wants to bring us out of that unbelief. He wants to fill our hearts with assurance that the Father hears us, He loves us and He has a giving heart. Jesus is telling us to have a joyous anticipation instead of a feeling of futility. In Psalm 5 you can hear the confidence of David's faith: "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

Insight: "I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer" (Psalm 17:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment