Friday, April 22, 2011

+DEV+ Whose Are You?

Date: April 22, 2011 1:07 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Whose Are You?

Whose Are You?

"Therefore I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - which is your spiritual worship" (Romans 12:1).
Scripture Focus: Romans 12

George MacDonald said hell can be summed up in four words: "I am my own." Independence from God is at the heart of our fallen condition, and it leads to all kinds of misery.

On the other hand, heaven can be summed up in these four words: "I am yours, Lord!" To belong to Jesus is to be rescued from our deadly autonomy. He's bought us - and at such a great price! We are His possession, and that's a very good and very safe thing to be.

We can joyously submit to the fact that we are not our own. Instead of seizing the day for ourselves, we can offer ourselves to Jesus. It's good to put it into words, to make it a prayer, "I am yours, Lord!" And while we're at it, we can offer Him words of love like, "I love you, O Lord, my strength," (Psalm 18:1) or "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing" (Psalm 16:21). The Lord takes great delight in hearing us say that we love Him. Tell Him now!

Insight: "And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ" (Romans 1:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment