Friday, April 8, 2011

+DEV+ What Do You Want?

Date: April 8, 2011 1:57 AM
Topic: +DEV+ What Do You Want?

What Do You Want?

"'What do you want me to do for you?' Jesus asked him. The blind man said, 'Rabbi, I want to see'" (Mark 10:51).
Scripture Focus: Mark 10:46-52

Our praying can easily turn into a vague monologue where we're just saying the words we think we're supposed to say. A good way to make things real is to hear Jesus ask us the straightforward question He asked the blind man: "What do you want me to do for you?" Again and again in the gospels Jesus encourages us to "Ask" and then follows up with the promise, "and you will receive." He wants us to ask.

My praying gets electrified with reality when I realize Jesus is listening, that I can make definite requests to Him, and that He is utterly able and infinitely willing to give good things.

The blind man told him, "Lord I want to receive my sight," and Jesus did what he asked. Another time John and James told Him, "We want the two most important seats in your kingdom." That time Jesus said, "No," and went on to explain that His kingdom is not about being great. We may not receive what we ask, but our prayers will get real when we start being candid with Jesus.

Insight: "Lord, all my longings lie open before you" (Psalm 38:9).

No comments:

Post a Comment