Monday, April 4, 2011

+DEV+ The Way In

Date: April 4, 2011 3:16 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Way In

The Way In

"We have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body" (Hebrews 10:19-20).
Scripture Focus: Hebrews 10:19-25

Jesus was angry when He went into the temple and threw out the moneychangers. He quoted Isaiah 56:7 as the explanation for His actions: "It is written, 'My house will be a house of prayer for all nations.'"

The moneychangers were conducting business in the Court of the Gentiles, the outermost area of the temple, which was as near as a non-Jew could get to God. This callous indifference to outsiders was directly opposed to God's heart - His plan was to bring us all the way into the Holy of Holies.

Jesus died so we could have intimate, face-to-face fellowship with His Father. When His body was torn, the curtain that separated us from God was torn, top to bottom. His death truly made His Father's house a house of prayer for all nations.

Whenever I sit down to pray, I start by looking at the cross. It reminds me the Lord is holy and at the same time, it makes me bold. When I look at the cross, I'm awed by the breath-taking passion of Jesus for me to be able to pray.

Insight: "Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me" (Psalm 66:20)!

No comments:

Post a Comment