Thursday, January 19, 2012

+DEV+ The Glorifying Life

Date: January 19, 2012 10:02 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Glorifying Life

The Glorifying Life

"I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began." (JOHN 17:4)
Scripture Focus: John 17:1-5

Jesus fulfilled every prophecy about Him made in the Old Testament of the Bible. Everything Jesus accomplished glorified God His Father. We bring glory to God when we do His will. Though we aren't perfect, the will of God should be the driving force in our lives.

We are not here by accident. God has a plan and a purpose for our lives. Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that He knows the plans He has for us, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." In a world filled with people wandering aimlessly, believers are focused because of their faith in God. His will gives meaning and direction to our lives.

Believers know the answers to difficult questions people ask:

Who am I and where did I come from? Why am I here and where am I going? I am a child created by the loving, living God, made to glorify and enjoy Him, walking each day on the Heavenly Highway that leads me home.

Insight: When we choose to follow God's plans for us, we bring glory to Him. doing His will gives us rewarding, purpose-filled, focused lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment