Monday, January 23, 2012

+DEV+ Jesus Prays for Us

Date: January 23, 2012 7:40 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Jesus Prays for Us

Jesus Prays for Us

"I pray also for those who will believe in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." (JOHN 17:20, 23)
Scripture Focus: John 17:6-26

Even though Jesus prayed this prayer thousands of years ago for believers, His prayer is for you and me, also. The heading in my Bible says, "Jesus Prays for Future Believers." In vs. 21 Jesus asks the Father "that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I in you." God desires unity and harmony among all believers. Unity in us proves to the world that God is real.

Jesus reveals God the Father to believers. In His prayer, He commits Himself to continue teaching us about God. This is a life-long process. He also prays that we realize that the Father loves us as much as He loves Jesus. How breathtaking the thought!

We may forget this when we fail, when we are discouraged, when we question God's love for us. When I, broke my back, I said to God, "This doesn't feel like love." But God's love for us is not based on warm, fuzzy feelings. Even when our dreams are destroyed, we need to remember His infinite love for us never fails, and we can rest solidly in that.

Insight: This amazing truth is beyond our ability to comprehend. God loves you and me as much as he loves Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment