Sunday, January 1, 2012

+DEV+ Resolutions That Matter

Date: January 1, 2012 10:02 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Resolutions That Matter

Resolutions That Matter

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust'" (Psalm 91:1-2).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 91

Through the years I've attempted to make resolutions for the New Year. Most of them have failed. However, one that has lasted beyond January is my goal to have a closer daily walk with Christ. Year after year this resolution increases in priority.

Jesus has brought us to Himself and invites us to follow Him. Moreover, He calls us to abide in Him. I love how this is described in John 15 where Jesus tells us to remain or abide continually in Him. In abiding I will have an awareness of His presence, knowing He is near. I will have His influence in life issues through prayer and His Word. I will know enjoyment with Him as my Savior and friend. I can be His personal Ambassador in a needy world.

Will I fail to keep this resolution as with all the others that have faded over time? No doubt, I will. But the God who is my refuge and strength will never fail in His great resolve to redeem me from my sin and walk beside me each day of the year.

Insight: Look forward to His joy as we walk the hills and the valleys of the New Year with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment