Sunday, December 30, 2012

+DEV+ Loving God

Date: December 30, 2012 9:07 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Loving God

Loving God

"Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long...Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path" (Psalm 119:97, 105).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:89-104

Years ago while memorizing Scripture verses, I fell in love with verse 97 of the longest Psalm in the Bible. It has been a daily key to life for me. I have focused, meditated, and passed on to others the power and truth of these words. Through the preaching of one of our pastors during my military years, God inspired my spirit and generated in me a love for His Word. In times of distress I have remembered these words and others hidden in and etched forever upon my own heart.

Beginning the New Year, I am reminded of verses (and paragraphs!) of God's Word that have lived with me through the years. How I commend God's Word to you! How I pray that you will discover a wonderful and fresh love for Scripture. And more than anything, discover HIM above all else in a year that promises to be filled with challenges. I pray you will find the time to meditate on, to contemplate, and to devote yourself to the Bible, a light for your path pointing you daily to the Light of the world, Jesus Christ. 

Insight: God's word is a treasure beyond compare, giving us wealth beyond this world. it transforms, heals, and guides us into a deeper relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment