Tuesday, December 18, 2012

+DEV+ Message of Love

Date: December 18, 2012 9:39 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Message of Love

Message of Love

"Neither death nor life...the present nor the future, nor any powers...nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  (ROMANS 8:38-39)
Scripture Focus: John 15:1-17

As a child I always knew that on May 23rd there would be a note in my lunch kit. I even knew what it would say because it was the same message year after year: "Happy birthday, honey! Love, Mom." It wasn't elaborate, but to my child's heart it was a clear message of absolute belonging and love.

As an adult I deal with messages every day. Some I can ignore, many require a response, but the ones I treasure most are the unspoken ones, especially from family and friends. It may only be a warm smile, or a helping hand, but I know they are saying, "I love you."

God is the master message giver, and His greatest message ever came to us in the person of Jesus Christ. Through Jesus, His living Word, His messages have always been the same: "My child, you are mine and you are loved." It is not a message we deserve, but one that God, in His love, has given. It is full of absolute belonging, love, and hope. If you haven't heard it for awhile, or believed it, listen carefully. You'll hear, "You are loved."

Insight: Jesus Is The Ultimate Message Of God's Love To Us. Let's Remember This As We Begin To Prepare Our Hearts To Celebrate His Birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment