Wednesday, January 15, 2014

+DEV+ Family Members Influence Each Other

Date: January 15, 2014 10:55 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Family Members Influence Each Other

Family Members Influence Each Other

"The unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean but as it is, they are holy." (1 Corinthians 7:14)

Scripture Focus: Matthew 5:14-16

This is a difficult verse to understand, and I do not claim to fully grasp it myself. But one thing is clear: a family member who is a Christian has an opportunity to influence others in the home.

How is it that an unbelieving spouse has been sanctified through the believing spouse? And how is it that the children are holy? Paul says this is so, and I am left to conclude that the home is a powerful place for influencing people for God. Peter spoke of it also in 1 Peter 3:1-2 about the believing wife winning over the unbelieving husband through the behavior, purity and reverence in her life.

If this is true of a home where only one member is a Christian, how much more when both partners are believing? What an impact they have on the lives of their loved ones! It makes me see my own home as God's workshop, a place where lives are tempered and shaped for eternity. My wife knows me better than anyone, so I consider what does she see in my life that would cause her to want to be more like Christ?

Insight:  "Lord, help me live with those who know me best in such a way that I can influence them for eternity."


Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of a monochrome laser printer that does duplex.
So your donations would be appreciated small or large.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklets

No comments:

Post a Comment