Thursday, January 23, 2014

+DEV+ Holiness Is God's Will

Date: January 23, 2014 9:49 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Holiness Is God's Will

Holiness Is God's Will

"It is God's will for you that you should be holy, ...that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable..." (1 Thessalonians 4:3-5)

Scripture Focus: Psalm 143:8-10

Do you wonder what God's will is for your life? Most of us have struggled through knowing God's will in particular situations we've faced - issues of vocation, marriage, finances, etc. The concerns of life can weigh us down. But these are not our most basic concern. God cares deeply about who is on the throne of our hearts and about the character of our being. The Bible says His will for me is that I be holy.

If you were to look at my employment record, you'd think I can't hold a job. Since my college days I have been a truck driver, a pastor of three churches, a bookstore clerk, sales manager, editor, free-lance writer, and high school teacher. God has led me on to live in four different states. Perhaps some of you have had lives with much change like this, too. 

I am thankful to God that He is interested in such matters of my life as where I live and work. But I know His primary concern for me in all circumstances is that I belong to Him. Belonging to Him, I am holy. Let's be holy as is His will for us!

Insight:  "Father, help me do your will wholeheartedly."

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of a monochrome laser printer that does duplex.
So your donations would be appreciated small or large.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklets

No comments:

Post a Comment