Thursday, January 16, 2014

+DEV+ Holiness In God

Date: January 16, 2014 9:53 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Holiness In God

Holiness In God

"Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God." (2 Corinthians 7:1)

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 6

It's hard to admit, but I know I am not the man today I intended to be ten years ago. As I look back over my life, I recall some of my hopes and aspirations, some of the dreams I dreamed with God. A few have been realized; many have not. Most never will be now.

But I also am not the man today that I was ten years ago, and that is good! I see areas of my life in which I have grown and matured. When Paul speaks of "perfecting holiness," I realize I am a work in progress, keeping my eyes fixed on two things Paul writes of: the promises of God and reverence
for God.

Chapter 6 of 2 Corinthians tells some of those promises. God will help you (vs. 2), receive you (vs. 17), and be a father to you (vs. 18). In light of those precious promises, God calls you and me to come out and be separate, to be holy and purified. We come near to Him and stand in reverent awe of who He is. I may not be the man I want to be, but God sent His Son to be that Man in my place, Holiness perfected in a human body, all for me and you.

Insight: 
"Search my heart, lord, and reveal to me any sins i have overlooked. wash them away through the power of Jesus' blood."


Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.


We are in need of a monochrome laser printer that does duplex.
So your donations would be appreciated small or large.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklets

No comments:

Post a Comment