Thursday, January 2, 2014

+DEV+ A King For The New Year

Date: January 2, 2014 12:04 AM
Topic: +DEV+  A King For The New Year

A King For The New Year

"Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?" (Galatians 3:2-3)

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3:7-14

Every year at this time I am torn between making New Year's resolutions and not making them! On the one hand, it is good to review our lives and seek change for the better; on the other, I know that my resolutions usually fade come January, and this can be dispiriting. Why bother?

I have come to see that rather than set my own priorities for my life, I need to ask the King what He wants in my life. Also, I find that I need to put less faith in resolutions and more in the only One who really can be resolute. I need to depend more on the "God who works in [me] to will and to act according to his good purposes" (Philippians 2:13) rather than on my own willpower.

Instead of starting every year with a list of resolutions like last year's, ask the Lord to speak to you each day, by His Word and in prayer and in the many nudges His Spirit gives you. Listen to His voice. And let the King's proclamation of love and providence for you determine the priorities for your life. May His reign carry you through!

Insight: With the same great explosive power that raised Jesus from the dead, God can raise me afresh each day as I ask Him.


Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of a monochrome laser printer that does duplex.
So your donations would be appreciated small or large.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and a financial partner with monthly gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
 
You will receive a copy of both complete sets of devotionals series: "Forgiveness" Series and the "Grace" Series or their choice of our Bible Study Syllabus Booklets

No comments:

Post a Comment