Monday, October 5, 2015

+DEV+ Declare The Glory Of God

Date: October 5, 2015 11:48 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Declare The Glory Of God

Declare The Glory Of God

"Then Moses said, Now show me your glory." Exodus 33:18

Scripture Focus: John 1:1-14

"The heavens declare the glory of God..." (Psalm 19:1). I look at the vastness of the night sky and see the glory of God. I look at the majesty of the rolling Pacific Ocean, the towering Rocky Mountains or the snow-capped Sierra Nevadas. In the grandeur of His creation, I see the glory of God. 

The Children of Israel had seen the glory of God in His miraculous working on their behalf. He freed them from Egyptian bondage. He brought them through the Red Sea in a miraculous sweep of His hand. In His powerful works, they had seen the glory of God. 

Moses asked for another display of God's glory in Exodus 33. He sought confirmation of His presence with them. 

Do you see how God responds? "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion" (Exodus 33:19). God doesn't speak of His majesty; He focuses on His grace. "We have seen his glory" (John 1:14).

Insight: When we think of His glory, we may picture His majesty. When God thinks of His glory, He pictures His grace!



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment