Thursday, October 29, 2015

+DEV+ My Eyes Are On You

Date: October 29, 2015 11:48 PM
Topic: +DEV+  My Eyes Are On You

My Eyes Are On You

 "For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory." Deuteronomy 20:4

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 20:1-4

Forty years they wandered in the wilderness. Forty years God had been punishing, pruning, and preparing His people. Now Moses was instructing them about the next step. Clearly it would include warfare... and with overwhelming odds against them. God's people would face enemies far more numerous and powerful than they. But Moses' strong word was, "Do not be afraid of them." 

I am reminded of King Jehoshaphat's plight many years later. "For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You" (2 Chronicles 20:12). Many times I have prayed that prayer as I have faced an enemy that seemed so strong. I am powerless; I don't know what to do; but my eyes are on You!

At those times I have been reminded that the battle is not mine. I have One Who is able. Jesus is victor! "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4).

Insight: We do, indeed, face overwhelming odds - but they are in our favor!



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment