Tuesday, October 20, 2015

+DEV+ Do Not Worry

Date: October 20, 2015 1:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Do Not Worry

Do Not Worry

 "The Lord answered Moses, Is the Lord's arm too short? You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you." Numbers 11:23

Scripture Focus: Numbers 11:18-23

Many wish they could quit doubting the Lord, give up worrying, and stop questioning when things don't go as they think it should. Circumstances in life are often so confusing. A child lies sick, awaiting death from cancer. A couple struggles in their marriage after many seemingly-happy years. A faithful worker finds himself out of a job, desperately in need of income. We see these things, and many more, and with our minds we struggle. Where is God? Why so much suffering? 

Then go to the Scriptures and read over and over again His promises, His assurances. I don't always find explanations, and I certainly do not find easy fixes. But I do find His faithfulness, His power, His compassion. 

"Is the Lord's arm too short?" He asks. "Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill" (23:19)? I read Jesus' words, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life..." (Matthew 6:25). And with my heart I rest. I need not doubt; I need not worry; I need not fear. I may not understand, but I know I can trust Him.

Insight: With my mind I struggle, Lord, but with my heart I rest.



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment