Monday, October 26, 2015

+DEV+ In His Presence I Trust

Date: October 26, 2015 2:16 AM
Topic: +DEV+  In His Presence I Trust

In His Presence I Trust

 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Scripture Focus: John 14:15-31

The promise came early in the journey of the children of Israel: "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest" (Exodus 33:14). The promise continued through the years and was affirmed as they were about to enter the Land: "Do not defile the land where you live and where I dwell, for I, the Lord, dwell among the Israelites" (Number 35:34). 

The disciples, in a very unique way, enjoyed the very presence of God as they walked with Jesus. The thought of His departure was a frightening prospect. But He brought assurance, both to them and to us, as He affirmed, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him" (John 14:23). 

God's presence was a deep encouragement to Moses. Jesus' presence is just as vital to us in our journey through this "wilderness." As Jesus walked with the disciples while He was on earth, He now lives within us in the person of the Holy Spirit. That is indeed the very presence of God - not with us, but IN us!

Insight: He gave us the assurance; we just need to trust His presence.



Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment