Tuesday, December 15, 2009

+DEV+ Conquering Fear

Date: December 15, 2009 7:11 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Conquering Fear

Conquering Fear

“Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together. I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34:3-4)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 34

Riding a motorcycle can be fun. Driving fast, the wind blows through my hair as I mount hills and race down dirt roads. Danger, however, lurks in every ride. Hitting a slick spot or gravel, I can slide and have a nasty spill.

Fears and dangers of other kinds can surround us, overwhelm, and even paralyze us. We are wise to use precautions when we have valid reason to fear. But some fears are less reasonable. Are there certain places and people that you avoid because of fear? Are there words you need to speak, but are afraid to say them? Do you fear being ridiculed?

Do we keep some fears secret because they are baseless? Truly our fears may seem very foolish to some people, but God understands. We can trust Him. He strengthens our hearts with His words, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10). In real danger or in our fear, He teaches us to rely on Him.

Insight: God is greater than any fears or danger we may face. We can conquer all things through Him who gives us strength.

To subscribe to this Devotional list send an email to daily_devotions@embarqmail.com with “subscribe-daily devotionals” in the subject line and I will be honored to add your email address to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment