Sunday, December 6, 2009

+DEV+ Keep the Fire Glowing

Date: December 6, 2009 10:31 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Keep the Fire Glowing

Keep the Fire Glowing

“Many will turn away from the faith....Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.” (Matthew 24:10, 12-13)
Scripture Focus: Revelation 3:14-20

A young couple moved close to Maramec Caverns in the Ozarks of Missouri. Their excitement grew as they explored the wonders of the caves. Fascinated, week after week they invited friends to come and see. However, gradually the newness wore off. The thrill was gone and they found new and interesting things to do.

When I gave my heart to Jesus I could feel the fire inside me. With a glow on my face, I wanted to tell everyone how Jesus had changed me. Then after awhile my excitement diminished. I still went to church, sang praises to the Lord, and listened to the sermons. But it all became ordinary. God’s words didn’t linger in my heart and mind as they once had. I allowed other things to dampen my enthusiasm for serving my Savior.

God warns us not to let our faith grow cold. “Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor” (Romans 12:11). We need to seek His face every day, praying and letting His Word feed our hearts. Don’t let the fire go out!

Insight: Let’s keep in close touch with Jesus and keep the fire of His Spirit glowing warmly in our hearts. He deserves first place.

To subscribe to this Devotional list send an email to daily_devotions@embarqmail.com with “subscribe-daily devotionals” in the subject line and I will be honored to add your email address to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment