Tuesday, December 8, 2009

+DEV+ A Hiding Place

Date: December 8, 2009 5:52 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A Hiding Place

A Hiding Place

“I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul...for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.” (Psalm 143:8-10)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 143:7-12

Do you have a hiding place, somewhere to go and rest in Jesus’ presence? My bedroom is my regular hiding place, but the kitchen is also a hiding place. In the bedroom, I sit where I can read the Word and write my thoughts. Sometimes there I just sit and listen silently, waiting to hear my Master Teacher speak to me.

In the kitchen as I wash dishes I look out the window. I see rabbits run through the garden, hiding under flowers and nibbling on plants. At night I sit on the kitchen floor, staring up at the sky and marveling at the stars and moon. I feel so close to God I could reach up and touch His face.

The best hiding place we can have is that wonderful quiet place deep in our soul where our Savior lives. There we can listen to Him, shielded by His love. Protected from our worries and fears, we slip into His presence, held secure in His love.

The Master Teacher waits for you to take time to go to your hiding place today. There you can leave the world behind and rest in His love.

Insight: Christ wants time with you, with your mind on Him rather than on the things that occupy your busy schedule. Invite Him in. He’ll come.

To subscribe to this Devotional list send an email to daily_devotions@embarqmail.com with “subscribe-daily devotionals” in the subject line and I will be honored to add your email address to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment